Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 24 - Days 68 - 72 - Lake Pleasant

The days seem to slip by when you are having fun - and we are. Lake Pleasant is a very nice RV park and it is nicely located in North Seattle (actually Bothell). Friday arrived with beautiful weather, but no satellite TV due to the massive Douglass Fir and Cedar trees behind the coach. Our neighbor had the same problem and told me that I could receive programming if I moved the coach as far forward in the site as possible. I did, and Voila - satellite TV. However, every morning the dew on the King Dome interferes with reception, and we have to use cable until the sun rises over the trees behind us, usually about 10:00 Pacific time, and dries the dome. Not a big issue.

Internet access is not a problem. The resort provides free WiFi for one hour a day (after that you pay), but both AT&T and Verizon reception is excellent and I use the AT&T air card and my Verizone HTC Incredible for Internet service. Both are faster than the WiFi. We have been lucky, we have had beautiful weather every day except for Saturday, when there was a light rain most of the day until evening.

On Friday, I had the first opportunity to visit with Mom. We picked her up in the morning and took her to lunch and brought her out to the coach. She is going to be 98 in October and is still living alone in her own apartment and going strong. That evening we took her to her favorite restaurant - Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union in Seattle.

Saturday it rained, so I took the car into Bellevue and and picked up some cleaning supplies at O'Reiley's Auto, visited Bellevue Harley Davidson and Sears. After that, Suz and I went over to Mom's and had lunch. Around 4 we headed back to the coach and stopped at, where else, Applebee's for happy hour, then fixed a couple of Bubba Burgers for dinner.

Sunday, I took the day to clean up the outside of the coach. "The Solution" did a great job getting rid of the black streaks on the sides. That evening, my daughter Julie, her husband Owen and my two grandsons, Hunter and Joe came to the coach before heading out to a great Chinese restaurant to celebrate Hunter's 17th birthday. It was good to see the family again, the boys have sure grown - in every way!

Monday was another beautiful day, I rode the bike over to Seattle, picked up lunch and went over to Mom's. In the afternoon, I did some more cleaning of the outside of the coach. I experimented with Meguairs SwirlX to remove some scratches and swirl marks - works great! Now to do the whole coach, but that will only happen when I get my orbital buffer!! Monday evening, Suz and I again enjoyed the happy hour at Applebee's, then barbecued a couple of steaks for dinner.

Today was our day to go grocery shopping - in the morning for us and in the afternoon for Mom. We shopped at QFC for ourselves and Safeway for Mom. We have member cards for both, but have found that QFC is significantly more expensive in almost every department. No more QFC. After shopping, we all went to Robb's 125th Street Grill on Aurora Avenue for dinner. The food was good and the prices right.

Tomorrow I will go into Bellevue to Costco for paper products and steaks, and to then to Harbor Freight for an "orbital buffer". Until then, Cheers!

John, Suz and Dixie the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment