Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 21 - Last Day in Bar Harbor

Our last day in Bar Harbor was spent relaxing and cleaning up details. I went to Ellsworth to the Walmart for a couple of items. When I returned, I filled the tires to the required pressure. I am not happy with my pressure monitor system, I think the transmitters are leaking air from the tires. I put teflon tape on the valve stems (what a chore) and we'll see if that helps.

After a relaxing afternoon, we headed back into Bar Harbor for our last visit and stopped at the Fish House to say goodbye to Dan, another one of my "top 5" bartenders. On the way, we stopped at the pie ladies house for a couple of Bar Harbor pies - delicious!! Returning home, we decided to have lobster at the KOA. A lobsterman comes to the campground each night between 5 and 8 and prepares steamed lobster, corn and cole slaw. The price is right and it is right here at "home."

After another feast, we finished preparing the coach for our departure in the morning to Quebec on route to Ottawa. During the process, another pie vendor came through the campground and Suzanne bought another Blueberry pie, so much for the diet! But we will have a treat for Rick and Lynne when we see them for dinner Monday evening!

Not looking forward to the border tomorrow. Never gone through with a motorhome, and some say it is quite an experience - we'll see.

Until tomorrow, Cheers!!

John, Suz and Dixie the Wonderdog

1 comment:

  1. I remembering camping for a week in Acadia Natnl Park in the 70s. We climbed every peak, several times and had tea and scones at a lovely little tea house that might be gone by now. I think it burned down. Also went on several ranger led hikes (that's probably a thing of the past). Thanks for bringing back great memories.

    ReplyDelete